Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Of eBay Scammers and Nintendo DS Games

You know what, if you are an avid Nintendo DS gamer and if someone puts up two Nintendo DS games, Wario: Master of Disguise, and True Swing Golf, both of which you don't have, on eBay with a starting price of USD 0.99, you wouldn't want to pass that up.

So, someone actually did just that and after several days, I won both items, needing just to pay USD 12.97 for both games and the matter of combined shipping to be sorted out with the seller. My suspicions arose when the seller didn't reply my e-mails on that matter and it was a good thing that I didn't pay any money, since I'm the type to pay first if I'm purchasing single items.

Soon enough, the seller starts gaining alot of negative feedback from buyers of his other items, ranging from not sending out his items after receiving payment and remaining silent after receiving payment. This on a guy who had 2 positive ratings earlier on.

I could have been sitting in the same shoes as those other buyers if I paid first without asking. And there is also the matter of a zero rating account bidding exclusively on this seller's items. Price jacking? Maybe.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for the seller to reply my question. Perhaps I should take it up on eBay regarding this issue. And for the rest of you out there, caveat emptor! Buyer beware :)