Friday, May 23, 2008

David Cook Wins, and Videos of His Best Performances

This year's American Idol has finally come to an end. No more rushing home on Wednesday and Thursday evenings to catch the repeat telecast of shows. LOL. This time around, my favourite singer actually won the competition. Lets give it up for David Cook!

Despite being out-sang by the other David (Archuleta) during the final night, he managed to pull in a whopping 56% of the total 97.5 million votes cast. My take on young Archuleta: he has a very nice voice, but I think people would tire at hearing the boring ballads he belts out on almost every show.

David Cook on the other hand has shown major versatility and an uncanny ability of making a song his own, much like last year's runner up (and sadly, current record flop) Blake Lewis. Here are some of David Cook's best performances on American Idol:
  1. Arguably his best performance in American Idol, Lionel Richie's Hello was taken to "rocky" heights:



  2. "One shouldn't abuse a Mariah Carey song, especially in this manner". That was the comment I got from a friend on David Cook's version of Always Be My Baby. I thought it was pretty nice:



  3. A Michael Jackson favourite of mine, and a version done by Chris Cornell. I was pleasantly surprised at Billie Jean sounding the way David Cook sang it. It rocked. A lot. Can he do Dirty Diana as well? Pretty please?



  4. I bet that many people were suprised or were just simply in awe of David Cook's performance, singing Music of the Night from The Phantom of the Opera.