Thursday, October 04, 2007

Oh Yes...It comes with minor bragging rights.

I've come up with the theory that, continously playing a ROM file (a.k.a pirated version) of a game that you intend to purchase will affect your purchase decision, steering it to be that of a "non-purchase".

Anyways, having spent a better part of two days with Phantom Hourglass in its ROM form inside the R4DS, I bought the original copy, but with a slight twist from the usual. Instead of buying from Play-Asia and waiting a week for the game to arrive due to the free shipping option, I went and bought the game from Gamers Hideout (GH) Cineleisure, Mutiara Damansara.

I gave the shop a call and one of the owners, Djinn (guy has a very nice telephone voice), reserved a copy for me, which I collected and paid for some 30 minutes later. GH is selling the game for a low price of RM 140, about a couple of ringgit difference from that of the Play-Asia price.

So what are you waiting for? Have you gotten your copy of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass? Click here to purchase it at Play-Asia or go to your nearest brick-and-mortar video games store near you. I would actually recommend Gamers Hideout.