Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tapenade...TA..PE..NA..DE.. People eat that!

Somewhere around this time last year, a couple of colleagues and I were put up in a rather posh hotel nearby the Mall of the Emirates, and within sight of the Burj. Coral Boutique Hotel...anyone?

The hotel, despite being rather new at the time (and having the distinction of being the first 5 star hotel in Dubai that DOES NOT serve alcohol), and having a rather limited menu, served up pretty good breakfast. The lunch and dinner items were good as well but imagine having like a handful of main dishes to rotate with for two weeks....you get the idea.

Anyways, back to breakfast. The hotel's cafe serves thin, hard bread and pastries accompanied with tapenade! Say what? Repeat after me... ta..pe..na..de. According to Wikipedia, it's a dish consisting of pureed or finely chopped olives, capers and olive oil.

It goes very well with the bread and until today, I'm still missing the feeling of eating tapenade. Maybe I should make a batch of that stuff myself. Now where can I find capers?

Speaking of the all things Middle East, my client from that region called up earlier. It was lunch time over there while I was already pushing 8 p.m. over here. I found out through our chat that the place she's located at hasn't seen rain since March. And we are having rather gloomy weather right here in Malaysia.

Now, on to things that are much closer to home, the kind people at Nuffnang (love the new logo) sent me 2 complimentary passes to Ratatouille! Nice, the only problem is it's a Monday to Thursday kind of pass, and I usually watch movies on weekends. But on a more positive note, I have two tickets, and you most likely don't, it does pay to be a Nuffnang exclusive blog eh? :)

With such a big blogosphere, I doubt any other recepients will be reading this lil' old blog of mine. Hehehe.