Sunday, May 06, 2007

Of Squirrels and Men

"749" That's the price of a PSP quoted to me by a sales guy at Gamers Hideout, Cineleisure while he was still munching on a mouthful of food. I felt rather grossed out, both by the price (the package doesn't come with anything, he didn't even bother to calculate in stuff like the screen protector and the Memory Stick, talk about a lack of enthusiasm) and the fact that he looked like a squirrel stuffed with nuts in its mouth.

I'm not a fan of people acting like squirrels, or anemic sales people. It's the second time I've been to the place and I must say besides the staff being too engrossed playing video games to pay attention to customers, the place, though different in terms of presentation compared to other video game shops, is overrated.

Anyways, it was rather lively at the Curve and Cineleisure today despite the hot weather outdoors. Got a big display case from ShiokToys for RM 39.90, 4 books from Borders (it's the last day of sales) along with a Moleskine notebook and a Naruto figurine. Children of Hurin is on my desk now, but it will have to wait until I'm done with my work.