As of 2.42 a.m., the unofficial news is that while Barisan National (National Front) has won the general elections by a simple majority, it has been denied the crucial 2/3 majority by the Opposition.
Other interesting bits of election news, courtesy of Malaysiakini:
- MIC is having a straight flush of loses, with president Samy Vellu going down along with his deputy president, youth chief, and women's wing chief.
- Khairy Jamaluddin being indignant, vowing that "We will fight back". Shouldn't he be saying stuff like "We'll work harder to regain the trust of the rakyat (people)"?
- Jeff Ooi is heading for the Parliament.
- Lim Guan Eng is going to be the next Penang Chief Minister.
- PAS gets Kedah, but doesn't get Terengganu
- DAP gets Petaling Jaya Utara
- Victory parades are banned