Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Macross Frontier First Episode Review, DVDs and Soundtracks

I just finished watching the first episode of Macross Frontier. Nothing short of jaw-dropping stuff. Apparently, this is the sequel to Macross 7 and even though I don't follow Macross 7, I find this sequel, fascinating, especially the animation.

The new mecha design, is a mixed bag thoughh. The new Valkyrie VF-25 is really nice (pic above taken from www.mahq.net), but the enemy mecha looks smack out of Evangelion, or that beast from Final Fantasy Advent Children.

The background story is nicely introduced, with the war against the Zentradi over, humans have taken to space like fish to water, and set out to colonise it. But now it seems they'll have to fight with another bunch of extraterrestrials.

Anyways, I was looking for Macross merchandize at Play-Asia, when I bumped into these: