Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Getting the D-Link DSL-G604T to Make Nice with the DS

I took the plunge today by upgrading the firmware for my D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router modem. I was worried because my last attempt in upgrading firmware on my previous router ended up bricking the device.

Anyways, the reason for trying out this stunt on the DSL-G604T was that the old firmware didn't allow me to connect my Nintendo DS to the router.


Now after applying the new firmware (an Australian one at that), I can enjoy Nintendo WFC action on my Nintendo DS without having to connect to my WiFi Link USB adapter, which in turn was connected to my PC.

I would hate to reinvent the wheel by coming up with a guide on updating the DSL-G604T firmware as Drakx.org has a darn detailed one over here, which I followed, and yeah, it all went well. So check it out, update that router, and get online on Nintendo WFC!

But of course, if you are stuck with a wireless router that totally refuses to communicate with your Nintendo DS, feel free to check out this bunch of USB WiFi Adapters designed to work with the Nintendo DS:
I would actually recommend the WiFi Link, but if the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is in stock, get that instead.