Wednesday, July 11, 2007

These Legs Are Made For Running...and ARE YOU LADIESMAN217?!?!

It's suprising how fast the human body can heal itself. I must admit it was a rather dumb idea to have an intense session of badminton right after the Siemens Run 2007. But despite walking like Mad Eye Moody for the whole of Tuesday (and Monday night) and grimacing at the sight of stairs, I'm pretty much back to normal.

Come this August, not only I'll be running in the Adidas King of the Road event, but also the Subang Jaya 10K run. This would be the first time I would be running in events outside of KL, should be fun. I got a comment from a friend today that I like entering these sort of events; I replied that it's better than sitting at home and getting fat.

Diabetes and high blood pressure are getting on pretty friendly terms with the Malaysian population, and with the lack of exercise, the certainty that is death is gonna come knocking faster and with it the suffering associated with the two health problems. So, pick up some physical activity as a hobby, whether it is running, going to the gym, kick boxing, etc, and probably you'll make a difference in your physical well-being.

---


Come August as well, I should be receiving the final trade paper back to complete my collection of Ultimates 1 and Ultimates 2. The TPB in question, Ultimates 2 Vol 2: Grand Theft America, was released just last month and I ordered in via Acmamall.com. This is the same online retailer whereby I purchased Ultimates 2 Vol 1: Gods and Monsters.

I called the local Borders bookstore to enquire about the availability of the TPB, it turned out that they had already placed an order for 10 copies since LAST YEAR, and that order has not arrive yet.

And on the subject of purchases, I bought a Decepticon today, Barricade, the one that transforms into a police car in the movie. It's the cheapest version (RM 19.90) available and as such, it has a horrible looking robot mode, but a very nice Hot Wheels sized vehicle mode. And he also has a couple of the funniest lines in the movie (grabbed from IMDB):

Barricade: Are you eBay user LadiesMan217?
Sam 'Spike' Witwicky: Uh...
Barricade: ARE YOU EBAY USER LADIESMAN217?
Sam 'Spike' Witwicky: Uh Yes! Yes!