Tuesday, July 17, 2007

E3? Make My Day

Every other person I know who has a gaming blog is doing some form of E3 commentary. Not to be left out, I'm jumping on the bandwagon as well. Back when I was still heavily involved in PC gaming, E3 was basically the mother of all previews and of course a good indicator on what sort of upgrades I needed for my PC.

Now that I'm more into casual gaming such as on the Nintendo DS, what does E3 has to offer that would have me in anticipation? The answer: A couple of games.

First up, The Simpsons Game on the Nintendo DS. I'm a fan of the series and I can't wait to see what the devs can do by making a game out of it for the DS.

Here's an excerpt from a Gamespot hands-on preview:

"Although all the games on the different platforms are based on the same general storyline, the versions of the title are fundamentally quite different. For a start, while the next-generation console version is a 3D action adventure game with a very deliberate cartoon feel, the DS version is a 2D side-scroller with a unique feel and control system.

Like the console versions of the game, you control two Simpsons family members as they battle their way through Springfield, although never both at the same time. Character swap points are triggered automatically, so you'll never need to manually swap to complete a task with a different player. Our hands-on saw us piloting Homer and Bart, beating down would-be attackers and unlocking their special abilities as the story evolved. Bart, for example, can eventually turn into Bartman and achieve flight."

The second game would be Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command from the publisher of Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War. This looks pretty cool in my book and it would be interesting to see how does the PC game translates to a DS experience.

To check out both games, do visit Gamespot's DS section.