Friday, March 23, 2007

More Gashapon? And More Cooking Oil

If you do a search on the Nintendo DS Lite and cooking oil on Google, you'll probably find my blog in the top 10. Here, try it by clicking on this link. Read my original prank on a friend on how to clean the DS Lite with cooking oil over here.

March seems to be the month of Mario related gashapon, soft vinyl figures and plush toys. I've already covered some in my previous post (here) but the following collection just showed up on Play-Asia.

The Nintendo Super Mario Character Keychain collection features Mario, Luigi and Yoshi but unlike previous collections, these figurines look like they are made out of plastic, not cloth. Selling at USD 2.99 each, they are cheaper too and that is probably the main reason I just bought them! Purchase details can be found here.

I didn't purchase any games this month, considering I splurged quite a bit from the Christmas to Chinese New Year season and I've not been playing anything except Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. This is about to change in the month of April as there are several purchases in mind which are:

  • Custom Robo Arena - What's better than a game with robots? A game with customizable robots whacking each other silly in arenas of course. I love games that feature customizable mecha and one of my favourites is MechCommander 2 for the PC. Custom Robo Arena is currently available at Play-Asia (here)
  • Konami Classics: Arcade Hits - This is a compilation of classic arcade hits from Konami, among the 15 titles included in this compilation are Yie Ar Kung Fu, Twin Bee, Track and Field and Contra! Did I mention that I really dig the box art? Konami Classics: Arcade Hits is also available at Play-Asia (here)
  • Some of the titles that I'm planning to get on the second hand market are Castlevania: Potrait of Ruin, Meteos and Trauma Center: Under the Knife.