Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Would You Trade Your Dog For A Nintendog?

I have more luck training my virtual dog in Nintendogs for the Nintendo DS, compared to my real 8 year old furball. Having said that, despite the torn up newspapers, stuck fur on cushion covers and the occasional visit to the vet, I find that nothing is comparable to owning the real thing. I do pity people who consider this game a substitute to owning a real dog, or a real pet for that matter.

So what's in this game? In the version I purchased (Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends), players get to select and train/play with puppies from a host of breeds: the Miniature Dachshund, Golden Retriever, Beagle, Pug, Siberian Husky and Shih Tzu. Using the touch screen and built-in microphone (which is typical of a Touch Generations title), you'll have the puppy responding to both touch screen and voice commands in no time.

One word sums up this game, cute. Dog lovers will have a field day playing with different breeds of puppies and the way the game presents itself (graphically and controls) can do no wrong; but if you really want a dog, go to the nearest SPCA and bring one home today!