Sunday, January 28, 2007

Shooting with a D40

I've been fooling around with a new Nikon D40 DSLR camera all night long and all I can say is that it is a very nice camera to use. The camera is pretty simple to operate, and despite only venturing to manual focus and some other stuff, I never felt once like an idiot using the camera. Picture quality is impecable and the kit lens is quite adequate for the time being.

So far I managed to dig up two problems, but fortunately these are user related (therefore easier to fix compared to a hardware issue). My shot composition is still pretty poor and I have shaky hands, both of them resulting in pretty lousy shots on my behalf but hey, learning is a life-long process and I am pretty much determined to get the hang of shooting great photos.Here's a sample of what I took, a shot of a gashapon, more specifically Mario in his kart.

On to something else, but not too far off. I've commented unfavourably on people who make noise like empty cans about LCD TVs (but don't own them in the first place) and I'll do the same for those who comment like airheads on DSLRs. You can go on babbling about megapixels, tech specs and all that jazz but I've something for you: size doesn't really matter, it is how you use it.