Sunday, October 08, 2006

Playing with Mario, Wario, Luigi and Yoshi

This marks the first time I played a Nintendo DS game with so many control schemes. This can be attributed to the fact that unlike any other Super Mario games on handheld consoles, Super Mario 64 DS is in full 3D. This isn't your Dad's Super Mario on the Gameboy.

You get to run about in 3D worlds and this necessitates the choice of three control options. I find it comfortable going for the one with the stylus and d-pad. Gameplay wise, the new 3D environment provides a whole new experience especially for those who have not played Mario games on the Nintendo 64 or Gamecube and the game those have the graphical chops to match!

Aside from the main Adventure game, the mini-games are good time wasters in their own right. Play card games with Luigi, pluck flower petals with Yoshi, guide Mario down some slides or bounce him about some Fly Guys and shoot stuff with Wario.

I am putting this game up for rent. Rent this game from me for RM 50 and return it within an agreed upon time, I will return no less than 70% of what you paid me.

Alternatively:

Get your copy of Super Mario 64 DS at Play-Asia.com!