Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Game Boy Gaming

Aside from my Nintendo DS, I have a nearly a decade old Nintendo Game Boy which I found stowed away in a drawer downstairs. I mainly played Super Mario Land on my Game Boy and no other game really mattered. My best achievement on that game was reaching the final level boss but failing to beat it.


Having talked about the games, the thing I like most about the Game Boy itself is the dimensions. It is large, bulky and somewhat heavy but in my opinion, it has a very nice feel to it. The main reason for it being heavy is the fact that it utilizes four AA size batteries.

Some interesting (and geeky) facts obtained from Nintendoland.com about the Game Boy include:
  • It was introduced in 1989.
  • The processor speed for the device is 4.19 MHz
  • Over 55 million Game Boys have been sold.